Starting your own business is an exciting opportunity, but there’s lots to learn before you get started. Wayne realised that if he wanted to start doing the books for small businesses, he would need to learn about small business accounting software.
So Wayne enrolled in the Bookkeeping Academy Complete Cloud Duo Training Course Package, which covers complete beginners to advanced level training for Xero and MYOB Essentials.
Wayne really liked Xero, finding it a user-friendly software. He had some experience with it before, when he volunteered for Queensland Police and used Xero to do their bookkeeping.
Wayne’s full-time job is also in government for a public safety business agency, where he’s become familiar with larger software like SAP and Oracle. Whilst day-to-day tasks include financial reporting of FBT, GST, and BAS, he’s keen to start his own bookkeeping business catering to small businesses.
As he prepares to start searching for clients, Wayne is going over the content from his course to refresh his skills. He’s feeling more knowledgeable and confident in his abilities, even in areas like Payroll Administration in which he had no experience prior to enrolling with EzyLearn.
Wayne particularly found the video tutorials in the course helpful, and found he never had to reach out for support since he was able to progress through the modules with ease.
It’s a big step that Wayne is preparing to make, but learning Xero with EzyLearn has given him the skills and confidence to start his small business.
Other Worklife Video Interviews
- Amanda (Brookvale, NSW) – Xero Complete (works for 3 local businesses)
- Ang (Coopers Plains, QLD) – Works at Vinidex – Microsoft PowerPoint Training Course
- Belinda (Bonnyrigg, NSW Sydney) – Microsoft Office & Xero Courses for her Accounts Job
- Christina (Glenmore Park, NSW – Sydney) – Enrolled into Xero COMPLETE and runs several businesses
- Diksha (Queens Park, WA – Perth) – MYOB & Xero Dual Certificate Training Course
- Esther (Woongarrah, NSW) – MYOB AccountRight (working in accounts & payroll)
- Ian (Indooroopilly, QLD – Brisbane) – Microsoft Excel & Word Training (Services Australia)
- Jaime (North Sydney) – MYOB Complete for Corporate Accountant
- Jo-Anne (BAS Agent in Melbourne VIC) – Xero Complete Training Course
- Komal (Deakin, ACT – Canberra) – MYOB AccountRight Training (for her job in Accounting and Payroll Administration)
- Phuong (North Sydney, NSW) – Xero Complete (works for an Accounting firm)
- Terry (Sydney Central Coast BAS Agent) – WordPress website for Bookkeeping Business
- Wayne (Bridgeman Downs, QLD – Brisbane) – Bookkeeping Academy Cloud Duo (Employed & part time bookkeeper)