Advanced Certificate in Payroll Administration Training Courses
We will teach you how to use Payroll Accounting software using MYOB, Xero and Quickbooks.
Become job ready quickly and join over 20,000 EzyLearn graduates! Learn at your own pace and don’t pay more than you have to.
What is Payroll?
What does a Payroll Officer or Payroll Manager do?
People working in Payroll are primarily responsible for the management of end-to-end payroll processes for an organisation. Payroll officers, coordinators and managers sometimes report to a qualified accountant within a company and may work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Daily Tasks of a Payroll Officer/Manager
The day-to-day tasks carried out by someone working in Payroll include:
- dealing with a high volume of employees for payroll purposes
- processing the payroll for employees and making the necessary pay adjustments
- entering new employee data and managing the entitlements of employees who are leaving an organisation
- maintaining employee computer records, such as personal details, pay rates, allowances, deductions, superannuation, leave accruals etc.
- preparing and distributing payment summaries to employees
- carrying out electronic remittance of payment summary information to the ATO
- preparation and payment of annual payroll tax returns for all states
Payroll officers, coordinators and managers are typically employed by a business on a part-time or full-time basis. Often they are able to find work with a healthy work-life balance. Some accounts payable officers and managers also provide bookkeeping and BAS services on a contract basis.
We cover the soft skills and qualifications you need to work in Payroll as well as ways you can upskill:
Read more about becoming a Payroll Officer, Coordinator or Manager or getting a job in Payroll
Payroll Accounting & Administration Course Outline
Payroll Beginners’ Training Course (Level 1)
- Creating a new company file
- Setting up your Payroll
- Creating employee records
- Performing a pay run
- Printing and emailing pay slips to employees
- Creating a new pay item or category
- Updating employee payroll details
- Printing Payroll reports
- Reconciling superannuation and wages
- Reconciling Pay As You Go (PAYG) taxes
- Printing out payment summaries
See the Level 1 Payroll Training Course Information
Advanced Certificate Payroll Training Course Outline
Payroll Training Course (Level 2):
What’s Included in the Advanced Payroll Course (Level 2):
- Employee awards
- Employment classifications/work types
- Casual employees
- Personal & annual Leave
- Electronic payment files
- Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting
See a Detailed Advanced Payroll Training Course Outline
Learn Payroll Accounting & Administration in a Cloud Accounting Package that Suits You
To recap, our Payroll training courses are available for the software programs listed below. Payroll is one of the courses included when you enrol into a COMPLETE Course Package.
BONUS: Includes training on the Xero My Payroll App for employees
The Xero My Payroll App enables employees to access payslips, timesheets, and other employment details and helps improve rostering and shifts. Stay tuned for more improvements in this app since Xero purchased a Workforce Management company. Read about it at our blog.
UPDATED: Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 Course Material
We are watching this space and regularly updating the training materials in response to changes by Xero (and the other accounting software companies). Knowledge of Single Touch Payroll, particularly breaking news and how to use the newest features is critical to perform payroll functions.
Single Touch Payroll involves more detailed data entry and live reporting of employee pays, with a focus on superannuation.
Payroll Certificate Training Short Courses
1. MYOB AccountRight Plus Payroll Accounting & Administration Training Course (equivalent to 8 hrs CPD)
2. MYOB Essentials Payroll Accounting & Administration Training Course (equivalent 8 hrs CPD)
3. Xero Payroll Accounting & Administration Training Course (equivalent to 8 hrs CPD)
4. QuickBooks Online Payroll Accounting & Administration Training Course (equivalent to 8 hrs CPD)
Payroll Administration Training Courses
You can learn about Payroll administration in either MYOB, Xero or Intuit Quickbooks or enrol into our Payroll Combination Training Course which includes them all.
Remember: Our Beginners’ and Advanced Payroll administration courses come included in the COMPLETE suite of cloud accounting training courses you receive for ONE low price and 12 month’s course access which can be extended for just $69pa as a Career Courses access and support package.
See the Payroll Administration COMBINATION course package (including pricing)
Over 20,000 students have completed a training course with EzyLearn.
Watch their worklife interviews.
Thousands of companies, Goverment departments, large corporates, small businesses and rehabilitation companies trust EzyLearn –
See who uses EzyLearn
Employer Recognised Online Training Courses
Get the right training for your needs