QuickBooks was once the great competitor to MYOB when accounting software started to become popular years ago. Back then, MYOB beat QuickBooks (distributed on CD’s in retail boxes by Reckon) to become the most popular accounting software in Australia. However, in this era of cloud-based software & services, the tables have turned, and small business people will find there are many more options available to them than MYOB.
Just like our MYOB training courses (and Xero courses), our online QuickBooks Course will take you through several different scenarios; we adapt the same accounting scenarios we use in our proven and popular MYOB and Xero courses to our new QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Course.
Intuit QuickBooks Course Online Daily Transactions (Course 522)
This course is ideal for any organisation or business, small or large, which sells products. It is also ideal for people selling services to do with these same products. This might include tradespeople (electricians, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, painters, bakers and chefs, hairdressers, occupational therapists — the list goes on). QuickBooks is often preferred by bookkeepers and accountants employed to work with numerous small businesses.
In terms of our Online Daily Transaction Course, you will start the process by performing a simple purchase and payment for office cleaning services. From there you’ll delve into purchases of inventory items. Before purchasing inventory items, you will need to create them and enter the information that will later be used, not only buy them wholesale, but also to sell them to your customers.
Course Duration: 12 hours
QuickBooks Online Course Workbooks
Our accounting software courses take students through common scenarios that happen at a number of different business types including:
- Service-based businesses like independent contractors
- Suppliers of products and services who combine these in their solutions
- Companies that sell products
See what’s included in our Intuit QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Course
Intuit QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation (Course 523)
Bank feeds enable business owners to speed up the process of reconciling their bank statement/s to their accounting software. QuickBooks was one of the first companies to provide this fantastic service. This course goes through typical end-of-month tasks, transactions and reconciliations. It shows you how to correct transaction entries.
Explore a bank statement and enter data for that period as well as the direct debit transactions. Explore ad hoc payments for director wages, capital purchase of a vehicle and depreciation of that vehicle, plus alternatives like leasing or second hand car purchase under $20,000. You’ll perform a bank reconciliation that doesn’t balance and then go through the entries to sort out the issues and mis-typing that happens in most businesses.
- Entering and coding direct debits in QuickBooks
- Interest payments and charges in QuickBooks
- Coding capital purchases in QuickBooks
- Understanding depreciation in QuickBooks
- International credit card payments and charges in QuickBooks
- Basic payroll entries for micro businesses in QuickBooks
- Loans to and from the company in QuickBooks
- Experience a bank rec which doesn’t balance in QuickBooks
- Rectify entries to complete the bank reconciliation in QuickBooks
See what’s included in the Intuit QuickBooks Online Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Course
Course Duration: 3 hours
Intuit QuickBooks Online GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course (course 524)
The QuickBooks Online (QBO) GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course is included in the Advanced Bookkeeping Certificate and builds on the QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation & End of Month Course.
It explores a full quarter worth of transactions using a case study which features a budding entrepreneur and we’ve chosen this case study because it enables us to include transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky; including:
- purchases which are GST-free,
- those which have partial GST, or are
- international payments.
- varying GST Transactions
The course includes capital purchases (a vehicle) and includes the different costs of running a vehicle should be treated, as well as expenses like entertainment; when FBT applies and an introduction to Payroll where you’ll explore how various aspects of wages are treated in the BAS.
Payroll Administration Introduction
You’ll explore how to manage ad-hoc wages where a small business pays it’s directors/owners and some casual staff on an adhoc basis. This is common with small consulting and service based businesses where the hours worked each week can vary depending on worrkload or projects. At the end of a quarter (or month) the liabilities and Superannuation guarantee as well as other employment obligations can be calculated on a spreadsheet based upon PAYG Schedules which are available from the ATO and you’ll learn how to do that.
You’ll learn how to enter these payments and transactions and be able to include expenses, liabilities and more in the end of quarter reporting.
This course includes transactions which relate to a director lending money to the businesses and you’ll see how a transfer of assets and liabilities work from the transaction and coding side to the financial reporting side.
BAS Report and PAYG Reporting
After correctly coding all of these transactions, you’ll:
- set up the Financial Settings of a Business in Xero with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly).
- run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities.
Decisions Based on Financial Reports
As you progress through this course you’ll see the results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus for the business. You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports.
Apart from performing all of a businesses compliance requirements, decision making is one of the biggest reasons for business to maintain detailed records and use computerised accounting software.
At the end of the course you’ll explore how the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business, as well as how he will be able to configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll Advanced Certificate (Course 525)
Payroll is a sought after feature for small businesses; Intuit Quickbook includes this functionality in their sottware so you can process payruns and payroll reports and be fully compliant for SuperStream and other payroll requirements.
- Sign up to KeyPay
- Create Employee Cards with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add a Pay Run Inclusion with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Perform a Pay Run with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Print and Email Pay Slips to Employees with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Pay Run Reports with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Update Employee Payroll Details with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Edit a Pay Run with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Run a Payroll Detailed Activity Report with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Reconcile Superannuation and Wages with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Reconcile the PAYG Taxes with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Complete ATO Settings with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Print out the Payment Summaries with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add a New Pay Category with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Edit Pay Categories with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add Annual Leave Loading with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create Work Types with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create a Casual Employee in QuickBooks Online with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create Permanent Employees in QuickBooks Online with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Enter timesheets with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll Course (Level 2)
This course will demonstrate how to:
- Create a Casual Employee in QuickBooks
- Create Permanent Employees in QuickBooks
- Enter Timesheets in QuickBooks
- Edit an Approved Timesheet in QuickBooks
- Process a Pay Run in QuickBooks
- Import Timesheets in QuickBooks
- Process Payroll with Personal Leave included
- Create a New Payroll Deduction Category in QuickBooks
- Add an Employee Pay Run Inclusion in QuickBooks
- Submit a Leave Request in QuickBooks
- Process Pay including Annual Leave in QuickBooks
- Run a Payroll Leave Balances Report in QuickBooks
- Run a Journal Report in QuickBooks
- Produce a Balance Sheet in QuickBooks
- Set up your Bank Account in QuickBooks
- Record Employee Bank Details in QuickBooks
- Process a Pay Run and Create a Payment File in QuickBooks
- Process Final Pay in QuickBooks
Course Duration: 8 hours
Why Choose EzyLearn?
In my experience, more and more business owners are needing training in bookkeeping because bookkeeping tasks aren’t quite as easy as the software companies make out. I recently reviewed EzyLearn’s Intuit QuickBooks Online Training Course material and was surprised at how thorough and detailed it was. It covers some very advanced topics and the flow of the EzyLearn course makes it a great training resource.”
— Tracey O’Neill, Registered BAS Agent and Bookkeeper, QuickBooks Pro Advisor
NOTE: QuickBooks is Bigger than Xero & MYOB
QuickBooks has recently announced their commitment to re-enter the Australian market in a strong way. Anyone interested in looking at alternatives to MYOB or Xero would benefit by seriously exploring QuickBooks as it is backed by a company that is massive in size when compared to both MYOB and Xero. Quickbooks is, in fact, the largest accounting software provider to small business in the United States.
View our recent blog describing the Cloud Accounting Ecosystem and how QuickBooks fits in — and how bookkeepers can become a one-stop-shop for people needing help with their finance and accounting requirements
See more about the EzyLearn system of learning
We’ve always prided ourselves on including ALL courses for one low price but that’s not always practical for students. If you are a student who is looking at doing just this course then explore our Bookkeeping Academy and choose exactly which course you want to enrol into. Learn on your own terms.
Visit the Bookkeeping Academy for more information.
[schema type=”product” url=”https://ezylearn.info/cloud-accounting/quickbooks-training-course/” name=”QuickBooks Online Beginners to Advanced Online Training Courses” description=”Learn how to use quotes, contacts, invoices, sales, payments, bank accounts, statements, purchases, receipts, bank recs, BAS, end of quarter, financial reporting, Payroll, Timesheets, payslips, Payroll reconciliation and reporting & more ” brand=”EzyLearn” manfu=”EzyLearn” model=”Online Training Course” prod_id=”520″ single_rating=”4.8″ agg_rating=”87″ price=”199.00″ priceCurrency=”AUD” condition=”New” ]