Beginners’ to Advanced Cloud Accounting Training Courses and Study
AT EZYLEARN, WE OFFER online training courses to help you up-skill and find employment. Choose from our range of cloud-based online accounting software courses, to business start up and management courses, to marketing and sales courses — or update and further your skills in a range of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or social media and WordPress web design.
Online Bookkeeping Training Courses
Our online training courses in Bookkeeping include training and study in:
Setting up, customising and getting to know your accounting software
Entering invoices, purchases, receipts and payments and managing daily and weekly credit & debt management tasks
- MYOB AccountRight Plus Daily Transactions Course (12 hrs CPD)
- MYOB Essentials Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
- Xero Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
- QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
- MYOB AccountRight Plus Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries & Month End Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
- MYOB Essentials Bank Reconciliation Training Course (Coming!)
- Xero Bank Reconciliation Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
- QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
GST, Reporting & BAS Training Courses
Payroll Administration Training Courses
Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI
Just What IS Cloud Accounting?
MYOB IS THE DOMINANT software provider in Australia for accounting software. This global company started creating their software in Australia and is now owned (since 2013) by a large US Private Equity company called Bain Capital.
After software version 19.5, the company had to re-create their software from scratch because the code-base it was previously built on was no longer going to be supported. MYOB is now built on a Microsoft Programming Platform called .NET.
Our MYOB Training Courses have been online since 2006 and we are proud to offer our Lifetime Membership option when you enrol in this course. MYOB has been very popular with accountants, and as a result, it was widely recommended to small business owners as a way of better managing their financial and compliance requirements.
MYOB’s founder, Craig Winkler, sold out of the company when Archer Capital took over. Winkler is now a major shareholder in MYOB’s largest competitor in Australia and New Zealand, Xero.
Xero, too, is currently listed on the NZ stock market and has always had a number of competitors in the online accounting space.
Online Bookkeeping Software Advanced Certificate Training Courses
Here are the currently popular cloud accounting software choices:
- Xero (part owned by MYOB’s founder) — see our Xero Online Training Course
- Intuit Quickbooks (formerly distributed by Reckon as computer software, now directly as cloud based software)
- MYOB Essentials and AccountRight Live (the traditional MYOB software is a hybrid cloud/desktop program)
- Sage One (from UK’s Sage Group, one of the largest global providers of ERP software)
- SAASU (Australian privately owned)
- ZoHo Accounts (they have a suite of other cloud-based programs)
- Wave Apps (Canadian)
As part of our commitment to bookkeepers in Australia we are steadily developing new training content to help you understand how these programs and software services work.
Read more about the courses that we have currently created or click on the hyperlinks above.
Reasons to Use Cloud Accounting Software
There are many reasons supporting the use of cloud accounting software, namely:
- Most small businesses realise the benefit of both their staff and their accountant (who often works remotely from his/her own office) can see the information and make entries and modifications at the same time.
- Backfeeds have arisen which remove much of the data entry by entry-level bookkeepers.
- Having a hosted solution means that the software provider ensures the highest level of security and storage (most of them seem to be using Amazon’s AWS) which means you don’t need to worry as much about having a backup and moving files around.
- Interaction between your accounting software and other programs like quoting, workflow management, project management and MANY others means you can have a more comprehensive system that all works together using what is called API (Application Programming Interfaces).
- Live data means it is up-to-date and you can get instant reports about profitability, cashflow and credit management.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence means that the software will learn about your transactions and the coding that you use (or should use).
At EzyLearn we offer online training courses to help you up-skill and find employment. Choose from our range of cloud-based online accounting software courses, to business start up and management courses, to marketing and sales courses, or update and further your skills in a range of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or social media and WordPress web design).