Learn Beginners’ to Advanced Cloud Accounting Training Courses and Study
AT EZYLEARN, WE OFFER you online training courses that will help you up-skill and find employment. Choose from our huge range of cloud-based online accounting software courses. You can also study business start up and management courses, marketing and sales courses — or update and further your skills in a range of Microsoft Office programs such as (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or social media and even WordPress web design.
What can you learn?
Our Online Bookkeeping Training Courses:
Setting Up and Customising Your Accounting Software
Whether you use MYOB, Xero or Quickbooks, we’ll help you “get to know” your accounting software package quickly and easily with:
Entering invoices, purchases, receipts and payments and managing daily and weekly credit & debt management tasks just became easy with:
- MYOB AccountRight Plus Daily Transactions Course (12 hrs CPD)
- MYOB Essentials Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
- Xero Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
- QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Training Course (12 hrs CPD)
Once you’ve entered all the daily transactions, it’s time to carry out a bank reconciliation. Learn the next step bank reconciliation, including performing transaction journals, adjustments and coding with:
- MYOB AccountRight Plus Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries & Month End Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
- MYOB Essentials Bank Reconciliation Training Course (Coming!)
- Xero Bank Reconciliation Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
- QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation Training Course (3 hrs CPD)
GST, Reporting & BAS Training Courses
Ensure you meet your ATO obligations with our GST and BAS online training courses:
Payroll Administration Training Courses
Our Payroll Administration training courses will teach you how to administer payroll functions, from the simple to the complex:
Reporting on Cashflow, Budgets and Return on Investment (ROI)
We currently provide our Cashflow Reporting, Budget and ROI Training Course in the Xero software accounting program:
Project Costing and Job Tracking
Our accounting online training courses include “case studies” that really flesh out the course content and “breathe life” into them. Our Xero, MYOB AccountRight and QuickBooks Online Training Courses have recently been updated to include a case study covering Job Tracking & Project Costing for cloud accounting software.
- Ad Hoc Payroll (for MYOB, Xero and Excel): This micro course/case study comes as a detailed spreadsheet and is available as part of the Payroll courses for MYOB Payroll (Course 505), Xero Payroll (Course 515) and Advanced Excel (Course 308)
- Reconciling Bank Statements for a Messy Startup: This micro course/case study is used in the Xero Bank Reconciliation and Journal Entries (Course 513)
- Corporate Employee & Small Business Owner: We explore what happens to a small business owner and entrepreneur; his experiences form some of our Xero course case study examples.
- Daily Transactions for Products & Services Businesses: One of the case studies we use in our popular bookkeeping training courses (MYOB, Xero & QuickBooks Online) is based on common daily transactions undertaken by any regular business.
- We also feature case studies in our Excel online training courses and Digital and Social Media Marketing courses.
Migrating from MYOB Accountright
Accounting software programs are databases essentially made up of contacts (suppliers & customers), inventory items (or services), employees and invoices and purchases and your chart of accounts. When you make the decision to migrate away from your current software program to a new one you need to export all the data and then import it into your new accounting software program.
The migration from MYOB AccountRight to Xero is very common and you’ll most likely need to use Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program halfway through to make sure all of the data is correct and matched.
Learn more about our MYOB & Xero Migration Courses
Just What IS Cloud Accounting?
For the most part, MYOB has been the dominant accounting software provider in Australia. MYOB is a global company that started creating their software in Australia. In 2013 it was purchased by a large US Private Equity company; Bain Capital.
After software version 19.5, the company had to re-create their software from scratch because the code-base it was previously built on was no longer going to be supported. MYOB is now built on a Microsoft Programming Platform called .NET.
We have been proudly teaching people to use MYOB through our MYOB Training Courses since 2006. We are proud to offer our Lifetime Membership option when you enrol in our MYOB courses. MYOB has been very popular with accountants, and as a result, it was widely recommended to small business owners as a way of better managing their financial and compliance requirements.
DID YOU KNOW? MYOB’s founder, Craig Winkler, sold out of the company when Archer Capital took over. Winkler is now a major shareholder in MYOB’s largest competitor in Australia and New Zealand: Xero.
Online Bookkeeping Software Advanced Certificate Training Courses
There are many popular cloud accounting software choices currently, including:
- Xero (part owned by MYOB’s founder) — see our Xero Online Training Course
- Intuit Quickbooks (formerly distributed by Reckon as computer software, now directly as cloud based software)
- MYOB Essentials and AccountRight Live (the traditional MYOB software is a hybrid cloud/desktop program)
- Sage One (from UK’s Sage Group, one of the largest global providers of ERP software)
- SAASU (Australian privately owned)
- Zoho Accounts (they have a suite of other cloud-based programs)
- Wave Apps (Canadian) – No longer available in Australia and recommend Zoho Accounts
As part of our commitment to Australian bookkeepers we are constantly developing new training content to help you understand how these programs and software services work and to give you more choice.
Read more about the courses that we have currently created or click on the hyperlinks above.
Why Should I Use Cloud Accounting Software?
There are lots of reasons why you should opt for cloud accounting software, if you haven’t already. Some include:
- Most small businesses realise the benefit for both their staff and their accountant (who works remotely from his/her own office) can see the information and make entries and modifications at the same time.
- With the emergence of Bankfeeds that exists for cloud accounting, much of the data that previously had to be entered by entry-level bookkeepers is now entered automatically.
- Having a hosted solution means that the software provider ensures the highest level of security and storage (most of them seem to be using Amazon’s AWS) which means you don’t need to worry as much about having a backup and moving files around.
- Interaction between your accounting software and other programs like quoting, workflow management, project management and MANY others means you can have a more comprehensive system that all works together using what is called API (Application Programming Interfaces). See Integrations below..
- Live data means it is up-to-date and you can get instant reports about profitability, cashflow and credit management.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence means that the software will learn about your transactions and the coding that you use (or should use).
Subscribe to our EzyLearn Blog.
Cloud Accounting Integrations
Integrations enable a software program to share data with other online applications. This enables users to combine the power of several applications all working together. There are common integrations that can and are used by the majority of business relating to cashflow, payments, staff management and rostering.
Learn about Cloud Accounting Software Integrations
At EzyLearn we offer online training courses to help you up-skill and find employment. Choose from our range of cloud-based online accounting software courses, to business start up and management courses, to marketing and sales courses, or update and further your skills in a range of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or social media and WordPress web design).