Our MYOB SETUP online training course will equip you with the knowledge to set up a business — from the basics such as creating your chart of accounts, to forms customisation and how to back up all of your data safely.
See what’s included in the MYOB Setup online training course:
Create a New MYOB Company
Our MYOB Setup Course will teach you:
- Creating a new company in MYOB
- New company accounting info in MYOB
- Accounts list and filename set up in MYOB
- Data entry & record selection options using MYOB
- Contact log setup, to do list setup, help and description of accounts list in MYOB
- Creating and deleting accounts using MYOB
- Entering opening balances using MYOB
Set Up Your New MYOB Accounting Company
You will also learn how to set up your company sales information using MYOB Accounting, including:
- Sales layouts in MYOB
- Selling and payment defaults in MYOB
- Linked accounts for sales in MYOB
- Creating customer cards in MYOB
- Historical sales in MYOB
- Purchases setup in MYOB
- Security preferences and sales preferences in MYOB
Chart of Accounts and Opening Balances
Learn how to establish and maintain your business’:
- Tax codes in MYOB
- Accounts list in MYOB
- How to edit and delete accounts in MYOB
- Introduction to linked accounts in MYOB
- How to edit and delete linked accounts in MYOB
- How to enter opening balances in MYOB
Customer and Supplier Cards and Inventory
As well the course shows you how to create:
- Supplier and customer cards using MYOB
- Extra card file details in MYOB
- Supplier bank account details using MYOB
- Items, extra item information in MYOB
- Inventory opening balances and inventory adjusting balances using MYOB
Backup and Restore MYOB Datafile
You won’t lose your precious company data when you know how to:
- Close and backup your MYOB Datafile
- Backup your MYOB Datafile on multiple disks
- Open your new MYOB Datafile
- Restore a backup MYOB Datafile
The course also features:
- Introduction to customising forms with MYOB
- Invoice form layouts using MYOB
- Tax inc vs tax ex invoice layouts in MYOB
- Text fields vs data fields in MYOB
- How to delete fields and lines, moving and resizing fields with MYOB
- Customising toolbar, form properties, text formatting for fields in MYOB
- How to copy and paste logos into forms, inserting a logo image file into MYOB
- Final form customisations in MYOB
This MYOB course is included with all our MYOB training courses for one low price and either 12 months or lifetime course access. Check out our specials page to see if you are eligible for a discounted price!
Who Should Do this MYOB Setup Course?
Our MYOB Setup Course is often sold separately to those students wanting to set up their own company datafile, so traditionally, this course is perfect for business owners, would-be business owners, or those working for a business owner. Rarely would an employee need to set up a MYOB company datafile.
This MYOB Setup Course gives students a wonderful insight into accounting and how the Chart of Accounts comes together with other aspects of MYOB. Although not crucial, the experience of setting up a MYOB company file will show you things that you will be able to relate to in other courses. You will:
- See how the information from invoices and purchase orders comes together in the Chart of Accounts
- Understand the different ways you can set up payment terms
- See where the MYOB reporting function gets its information from for Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports and so forth.
MYOB COMPLETE Training Course give you other courses for FREE!
The MYOB AccountRight Complete course give you all the AccountRight training courses we have available. MYOB have another popular accounting program for small business called MYOB Business (Essentials) which is an online accounting program that competes directly with Xero.
Bookkeeping Beginners Certificate in MYOB, Xero & QuickBooks Online
Want to get some basic skills and confidence using MYOB as well as Xero and QuickBooks Online? Explore the Certificate in Bookkeeping Basics Course.
Most job seekers now need to know several accounting programs to be confident applying for accounts jobs and the Certificate in Bookkeeping Basics gives you experience using all the major programs as well as some fundamental tasks, including:
- Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Purchases and Accounts Payable
- End of Month Bank Reconciliation
- Business Reports
- Payroll Introduction
Get the right training for your needs
How Long Does the MYOB Setup Course Take to Complete?
When we operated training centres in Sydney this course would generally take a day. Online you can take as long as you need and progress at your own pace. Take a look at our MYOB Training Course FAQ’s for more answers from commonly asked questions: MYOB Training Course FAQ’s
MYOB Beginners to Advanced Certificate Online Courses
Get the help you need to upskill and learn how to use MYOB AccountRight AND MYOB Business PRO (formerly MYOB Essentials).
[schema type=”event” evtype=”BusinessEvent” url=”https://ezylearn.info/how-it-works/training-workbooks/” name=”MYOB Setup and Customisation Training Course Workbook” description=”Start anytime and complete in 5 days – Training Course Workbook with step by step exercises in creating a new company file using MYOB” sdate=”2022-12-13″ stime=”08:30 am” edate=”2023-12-13″ duration=”8:00″ street=”246 Pacific Hwy” city=”Crows Nest” state=”NSW” postalcode=”2065″ country=”AU” ]
[schema type=”event” evtype=”EducationEvent” url=”https://ezylearn.info/how-it-works/demonstration/” name=”MYOB Training Course Videos” description=”Start anytime and complete in 5 days – Training videos on every aspect of setting up an MYOB company file so you can start using MYOB to manage your accounts” sdate=”2022-12-14″ stime=”08:30 am” edate=”2023-12-14″ duration=”8:00″ street=”246 Pacific Hwy” city=”Crows Nest ” state=”NSW” postalcode=”2065″ country=”AU” ]
[schema type=”event” evtype=”BusinessEvent” url=”https://ezylearn.info/how-it-works/knowledge-reviews/” name=”MYOB Setup Knowledge Review Tests” description=”Start anytime and complete in 5 days – Test your skills in setting up MYOB to manage the bookkeeping for a business” sdate=”2022-12-15″ stime=”08:30 am” edate=”2023-12-15″ duration=”8:00″ street=”246 Pacific Hwy” city=”Crows Nest” state=”NSW” postalcode=”2065″ country=”AU” ]