Digital Marketing Intern Overview
A digital marketing intern can provide creative ideas to help achieve the organisations marketing & sales goals. They’ll mainly have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and need to collaborate with the marketing and advertising team in all stages of marketing campaigns.
The contribution from a digital marketing intern is usually based on market research and a good understanding of what competitors are doing. This will help develop, expand and maintain the marketing messages and the correct marketing channels to promote the business.
Participation in digital marketing activities will help a digital marketing intern acquire marketing skills and give them knowledge of various marketing strategies and how they are implemented. The digital marketing industry is relatively new and changing rapidly so the working environment is often very dynamic and “fast paced”.
Marketing Intern Responsibilities
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
- Strong desire to learn
- Professional drive and initiative
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing applications
- Email marketing software
- CRM tools,
- Online analytics / metrics
- Google Adwords / Facebook ads