Kick Start or Reinvent Your Career with the Career Academy Career Success Program
IF YOU ARE AN EZYLEARN STUDENT who has enrolled in our Business, Xero, Excel, MYOB or Digital Marketing online training courses with 12-month or LIFETIME Course access, you are entitled to receive access to the Career Academy Career Success Program to help you find work or advance your career.
The Career Academy Career Success Training Program comprises a comprehensive, detailed and fun-to-work-through program that takes you through the steps to getting paid for the new skills you have acquired.
How to get the job you want
The free Career Academy Success Program contains real-life case study examples, checklists and questions you can answer to improve your self-confidence and narrow down the list of jobs you ideally want and are suited to. We provide you with insight into what employers are looking for and what skills and attributes you can hone that will make you more employable.
Many of our students undertake our online training courses because they are starting their careers, contemplating changing careers or want further career advancement. The Career Academy Career Success Program sets out the career options available in Australia, where the work is and what you can do to give yourself the best chance of employment in a new career.
It shows you how to create a personalised Career Plan, as brief or detailed as you like, to keep you on track.
The employment process
Our Career Academy Success Program outlines the process that job seekers go through to find a new job, namely:
- Creating, updating and fleshing out a professional resume — including how to provide relevant and demonstrable examples
- Understanding what YOU are seeking in this job and what other factors are important to you (for example, work-life balance or managing competing priorities in your life with your work, looking at what opportunities there are for career development etc.)
- Realising the future opportunities for growth available in selected industries
- How to write covering letters and emails that will stand out and show off some of your personality while still remaining professional
There is also:
- How to effectively research the business or employer before making phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone job interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face interview for a job
- Tips from employers about what they look for in job candidates
- How to negotiate a salary package
- Tips on how to get off to the best start in your new job.
Demystifying the job search process
Looking for a new job is not something any of us do all that often. It is particularly daunting if you have been out of the workforce for several years for whatever reason — including raising a family, caring for an elderly or sick relative, redundancy, or recovering from illness or injury.
Many people, even if they’ve been in constant employment, are unfamiliar with how much the job seeking landscape has changed with the internet and advent of LinkedIn and other social media, not only for advertising jobs but for advertising oneself. The way people search for jobs is changing all the time and many people use a combination of methods to find work and get in contact with prospective employers.
The Career Academy Success Program outlines some of these methods and their effectiveness; including gleaning the job websites and newspapers, the power of LinkedIn, using a recruitment agency and attending network events and using referrals.
Our Career Academy Success Program gives you clear advice on how to win work and find a job that will suit you and your circumstances.
The Career Academy Success Program includes:
- Getting to know your values
- A Value Self Assessment
- Value Self Assessment questions (which are fun, by the way!)
- Understanding the values employers’ need
- A Value-Fit Assessment
- Real and relevant industry examples and real world scenarios
- Job examples
- How to create a Career Plan
- Further education and training options
- Taking action to find a job
- Resume, preparation and writing
- Resume preparation that assesses your current resume & cover letters
- Help updating and customising your current resume and cover letter/s for a position you are seeking
- How to craft a cover letter designed to demonstrate to a potential employer that you understand their requirements and have the skills and personality to fit well into their working environment
- Interview Preparation to focus you on the positive aspects of how you will help fulfil the employers’ requirements
- Ways to research a potential employer
- How to negotiate your package and working conditions
- Accepting the job
- Starting and settling into a new job
Further content ideas and suggestions?
We are always adding new real-life case studies and scenarios to our learning experience. We invite you to get in touch if you have other content you’d like to see. Let us draw on our industry experience and do the research and interviewing to provide you with more relevant, high quality, educational material.
LIFELONG Learning Hub
The Career Academy Success Program is available for FREE to students via our Learning Management System.
Your student login details are yours for LIFE and some of the FREE resources are available to you even after you’ve completed all your training courses and assessments.
The LIFELONG Learning Hub is available to ALL current and past EzyLearn students since January 1st 2013 so if you have enrolled with us in the past please ask about the career resources still available to you.
Learn more about what you get for free as an EzyLearn student at the LIFELONG Learning Hub
Enrolling into a new training course will help you get new knowledge and skills but for most people this means studying while they are bringing up a family or while they are working so it’s important to have good time management skills.
Many EzyLearn students choose online training courses because they can choose to study whenever they have a spare moment – at night, on weekends, during the day – and they can study in small blocks of time like an hour or two rather than have to block out a full or half day.
Learn more about the Career Academy study tools included for EVERY student
Get the right training for your needs
The Career Academy Course Access & Support Membership
Extend Your Online Course Access
Do you need another 12 months course access? Rather than enrol into your courses again and pay the extra courses fees you can now achieve this using an EzyLearn Career Course Access Membership – no matter how many courses you’ve enrolled into. EzyLearn online short courses can be completed within 2-3 weeks but many students use our oinline courses as a resource after their course is completed.
With the EzyLearn Career Course Access Membership you get continued access to every single course you’ve enrolled into since 2013 for one annual fee!
Updates and Additions to Training Courses
Becoming a member is the cheapest way of extending your course access a further 12 months. Software changes all the time now that it is created in a dynamic and fast changing development environment and that means that we need to keep maintaining and updating our training course content – you get access to those changes as a member.
Learn more about EzyLearn’s Updates and Additions Policy.
Get Ongoing Student Support
Xero, MYOB & Quickbooks Online are accounting programs in the cloud and because they are now based on a subscription model they are constantly updated and the updates are pushed out live. Not only do you receive ongoing online course access as a member but you also receive ongoing knowledge support of the training materials and new content we create.
As a member you receive ongoing support from our team on all the course content you’ve already enrolled into as long as you are a member.
EzyLearn ANSWERS: Ask questions on topics that are NOT included in the courses
EzyLearn ANSWERS is a program we launched to help guide our training development based on the needs of our students. Student members use Ezylearn training courses for lots of different reasons, including:
- employees to upskill and fill out gaps in their knowledge for their current jobs,
- job seekers to increase their confidence to apply for and get jobs,
- corporate managers to ensure their staff are using productive features of the software
- business owners who want their staff to have a solid understanding of how to use their business software
Our courses are designed based on real world scenarios and the questions we receive via EzyLearn ANSWERS helps us constantly improve.
Earn an Active Income Working From Home
EzyLearn is an established and leading brand in the short course and vocational training sectors in Australia. We focus on teaching students how to use software to find jobs, be more productive in their current jobs, start a business and be more digital in managing their own business.
When you join the EzyLearn as a Tutor you will earn an income teaching, helping and supporting students who go through the training programs that EzyLearn has build, update and maintain since 1996.
As an Online Only training company we specialise in online training courses and support so when you come on board as a tutor you get access to all training and support resources from a support team that use the latest digital technology and tools.
Digital Marketing is a function of our organisation that is integrated into our customer service and support services so when you join you get plugged into the marketing story and get introduced to potentially thousands of new clients.
Bookkeeping Academy Professional Membership
- Membership to bookkeeper database
- Membership Certificate
- Verification of Credentials
- Member Profile
- Your Worklife Contribution
- Local Awareness Marketing
- Access to Academic Development Program
- 4 hours annual CPD training credits
Bookkeeping Academy Certified Bookkeeping Assistant
Your Brand, Reputation & Digital Profile
Leverage our brand, group marketing and educational content and support with your own personal knowledge and experiences and you have a solid, inexpensive foundation to earn an income working remotely, from home.
As part of your joining fee we’ll create a digital profile and send interested traffic to this site to help you get discovered by potential clients.
Get Ongoing Student Support
Xero, MYOB & Quickbooks Online are accounting programs in the cloud and because they are now based on a subscription model they are constantly updated and the updates are pushed out live. Not only do you receive ongoing online course access as an affiliate but you also receive ongoing knowledge support of the training materials and new content we create.
As a member you receive ongoing support from our team on all the course contents you’ve already enrolled into as long as you are a member.
Get the Information
Get the right training for your needs